Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sandwich Rolls

The recipe for these rolls is just my basic bread dough, same recipe I used for my pizza crusts in an earlier post.

BASIC BREAD DOUGH

1 1/2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt (optional)
2 Tbsp. oil
4 cups flour
1 pkg. Fleischmann's Rapid Rise Dry Yeast

Heat first 4 ingredients in small mixing bowl on High in microwave for 1 minute. Pour into bread machine pan. Add the flour. Make indentation in top of flour with spoon. Pour dry yeast in center of flour. Set machine on dough setting. 1 hour 20 minutes later, the dough is ready to be made into rolls.

Divide dough in half, and make 6 balls of dough from each half. On a LARGE Air-Bake cookie sheet, lightly sprayed with Pam, form each ball of dough into a roll. Flatten each roll to resemble a hamburger roll. I like to make some smaller for times when I prefer just a small sandwich.

Grease tops, cover with wax paper and allow to rise 30 minutes in a warm place. I heat my oven for just 1 minute and raise my rolls in it. Bake at 400 degrees in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes until brown and hollow sounding when lightly tapped. By using the larger size baking sheet, I can fit all 12 on the same sheet. Cool thoroughly on cooling racks. Store in plastic storage bags in refrigerator. They freeze well, too. Yield: 12 large rolls. ENJOY!!!